Holiday gifts for bookworms

Holiday wish lists are full of various clothing, technology, and other leisure items. Here is a list of some of the top books requested this holiday season to help in finding the perfect gift.

1. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins:

This trilogy follows Katniss Everdeen in a near future world where the government sees all, and violence is necessary to survive. The books are growing in fame, partly due to the recent movie (and its abundance of good-looking actors.)

2.  Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer:

Yes, The Twilight Saga is still popular, even more so now that the final movie has been released. The last book ties up all the loose ends and also introduces Bella and Edward’s child.

3.  The Fault in Our Stars by John Green:

Green has crafted a book that, despite its young adult genre, packs an emotional punch. The protagonists are teenagers with terminal cancer, whose journey is a combination of the funny, tragic, and philosophical.

4. Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion:

Unlike other supernatural teen books, the male in this novel is a decomposing zombie. However, love holds the promise of bringing him back to life. Read the book before the movie comes out in February 2013.

1. Why Does the World Exist? by Jim Holt:

Still need to buy a gift for that philosophical-thinker-with-a-sense-of-humor? One of the top nonfiction works of 2012, this book is both amusing and thought-provoking. The author asks various ‘experts’ from around the globe the big questions about why life, well, exists.

1. Twas the Night Before Christmas by Clement Clarke Moore:

It might appear childish, but many recipients appreciate such thoughtful keepsakes, especially if they are an adult starting a family of their own.

7.  A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens:

This book is clearly a classic and has not diminished in popularity over the years. After seeing countless adaptations on television this season, one might be in the mood to simply read the original and see how Dickens wanted his story told.