Gian Paul Gonzalez Inspires Students to Go ‘ALL IN’

Gian Paul Gonzalez spoke to the students of Susquehannock High School on Wednesday, September 6. Gonzalez is a motivational speaker from New Jersey who shared his “All In” message. Photograph by Sophie Sedgley

Gonzalez reveals a touching and motivating anecdote about Ray Lewis’ humble beginnings and his rise to football stardom. Gonzalez gave up a possible NBA career to become a high school teacher in Union City, NJ. This is where he also founded the ”Hope & Future Foundation.” According to his website, the foundation “provides opportunities for youth to proactively become empowered members of their community through extracurricular activities, events and programming to provide health, and wellness while bridging the gaps between individual growth, improving families, and unifying communities around a common core belief that there is a hope for each child personally, academically, socially, and economically while creating numerous mechanisms to achieve in the present and in the future.” Photograph by Sophie Sedgley

Sophomore Kaden Richardson was brought up to the stage by Gonzalez to do a variety of exercises that used to be a part of Gonzalenz’s workout routine. Gonzalez got his break as a motivational speaker when he was invited to speak to the New York Giants prior to their run to a Super Bowl win in 2011. Photograph by Kendall Woods

Gonzalez speaks about the importance of persevering through adversity in order to achieve success. He has shared his motivational stories and message of hope with professional sports teams like the New York Giants, Portland Trailblazers and Arsenal Football Club, as well as with numerous Fortune 500 companies and non-profit organizations. Photograph by Kendall Woods

Students listen attentively as Gonzalez gives a speech about his rise to being a motivational speaker and his advice for students today. He encouraged students to go “All In” on their goals, whatever they may be, and to be committed and put all their “chips” on the table. Photograph by Sophie Sedgley

Senior Claire Gutridge gives a standing ovation to Gonalez after he finished his speech. To add to Gonzalez’s “All In” message, students were given commemorative poker chips to serve as a daily reminder of their goals and priorities. Photograph by Kendall Woods