Athletes Compete in PIAA District lll Championships

Girls soccer players show support for one another in a team huddle. Photograph  Courtesy of Julia Saidel

Athletes participated in the PIAA District III Championships last week.

Girls Soccer

After winning their division for the first time in six years on  Monday, Oct. 23, girls soccer opened the round of the PIAA District III Championships against Lower Dauphin, losing 2-1. 

The girls team is very proud of how far the team went this season, according to junior Erin Jackson. 

Girls soccer gathers for a team picture. Photograph Courtesy of Erin Jackson

“Being in the playoffs meant a lot to me because in my freshman and sophomore year, we didn’t get that far,” Jackson said. “The fact that we did this season is a huge accomplishment.”

Boys Soccer

Boys soccer also played at Greencastle-Antrim High School, winning  4-1.

Girls Volleyball

Girls volleyball played Tuesday, Oct. 24, against Big Spring High School, losing 3-1. 

Girls Field Hockey

Girls field hockey played against Red Land High School on Wednesday, Oct. 25, losing 1-2 in overtime. Sophomore Danielle Lavery, who has been playing field hockey for seven years, is very proud of the team and believes that it was quite an accomplishment to make it to championships. 

Field Hockey players Cara Zapach, Danielle Lavery and Lily Wojcik stand ready to receive the ball against Penn Manor.   Photograph Courtesy of Colleen Lavery

“It was really great to see everyone grow on and off the field, and for every person to get their moment to show their importance of being on the team,” Lavery said. 

Cross Country

No cross country teams qualified for states; however, senior Robert Rosul, who has been running for five years, believes that the team’s performance during the season was impressive in itself. Cross country ran Saturday, Oct. 28.

Rosul is very proud of the way things have gone this season.

“To me, advancing this far in the season is the payoff from months of hard work as a team,” Rosul said. “To me, advancing this far in the season is the payoff from months of hard work as a team.”