Trick-or-Treaters Flood October Fun Night

Trick-or-Treaters at the Aevidum club table receive candy and spin a game wheel.  Aevidum members created a spin-the-wheel activity in which children would spin it to learn about different coping mechanisms. They could try and receive an extra piece of candy as a reward. Sophomore Maria Agostino hopes the activity will influence students and parents to know what to do when they are struggling. “Aevidum did really well, Agostino said. Our coping skill wheel was a way to help the kids…[figure out] ideas for when they may be stressed or overwhelmed [and] to put these coping methods into their everyday life. The parents seemed to really like the idea, and it helped them recognize what they could do to help when their kid was struggling.” Photograph Courtesy of Kendall Woods
Trick-or-Treaters at the Aevidum club table receive candy and spin a game wheel. Aevidum members created a spin-the-wheel activity in which children would spin it to learn about different coping mechanisms. They could try and receive an extra piece of candy as a reward. Sophomore Maria Agostino hopes the activity will influence students and parents to know what to do when they are struggling. “Aevidum did really well,” Agostino said. “Our coping skill wheel was a way to help the kids…[figure out] ideas for when they may be stressed or overwhelmed [and] to put these coping methods into their everyday life. The parents seemed to really like the idea, and it helped them recognize what they could do to help when their kid was struggling.” Photograph Courtesy of Kendall Woods