PlayStation4 preview verdict

What will the next look like?
Found on http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File%3APlayStation_1%2C_2_and_3.jpg

The Playstation Four, also known as the PS4, is scheduled to be released in November 2013 by Sony, according to a report on the press conference with Sony by Policymic.com.

The PS4 will allow for more multitasking while playing, and perhaps even faster gameplay. It will have a 2.5 inch SATA HDD, which is essentially a high-powered hard drive that will run faster than what was used in the Playstation Three.

With its memory being a whopping unified 8GB DDR5 RAM (high-speed processor), it could possibly eliminate those pesky loading screens that feel as if they last forever and make it so the gameplay goes faster.

The graphics will be truly astounding and make it as if the former consoles were 8-bit. The graphic system that will be used for the PS4 will be a 1.84 TFLOPS (teraflops), AMD next-generation “Radeon” based graphics engine (a great graphic system where the graphics will be enhanced and far exceed the graphics for the PS3).

One might feel as if their game was not a bunch of pixels and voice actors, but real people running about, fighting, racing, surviving, or whatever else their game might feature. It will also boast a Blu-ray and DVD player so it will be able to play all of one’s favorite movies, just incase they weren’t in the mood to play any games.

The system also prides itself in its super-speed USB ports, which will make things easier on those who use USB to update their Playstations. The price has not been revealed yet, but one can assume that it will be enough to discourage several gamers, even with all the added specifications.

Student gamers have an opinion on this new product as well. Sophomore Brandon Leese  is not excited for the new gaming system.

“I don’t think I’m going to buy it,” Leese said. “It’ll be expensive.” He is more excited for the rumored Xbox 720.

While rumors are only rumors, one cannot ignore a rumor that claims the Playstation four will not have backwards compatibility towards Playstation three games. Many Playstation fans have acquired an extensively large collection of PS3 games over the years and are not willing to give them all up for a more expensive model. If Sony releases the PS4 without backwards compatibility, they may lose a good majority of fans.

The Playstation four will turn heads, whether towards it or away from it, one does not know. While it boasts many great things, such as improved graphics and performance, one cannot be sure whether the price will be something to boast of as well. All that’s left to do is to wait and see what will be released on that fateful day in November.