Student Council Members Attend State Conference

Six student council members attended a statewide student council conference in Red Lion.

The Pennsylvania Association of Student Councils puts on a state conference each year that allows student council members from various schools to collaborate.

Student council advisor Kellin McCullough attended the event with the student council members.

“It was awesome. We were kinda separated from them. We participated in some advisor roundtables. We actually gave a little presentation about what we do here at Susky. So we were kinda away from them in sessions, but we were together in general sessions and it was great to see their energy and their excitement. They really walked away with some great ideas that they could implement,” said McCullough.

Over 2,000 student council members from various schools met to discuss how their councils work for their school based on population and demographic.

There were different workshops that allowed members to learn new methods that they could implement in their schools.

Sophomore Emma Williams was one of the student council members that attended the conference.

“We did a bunch of workshops, and they were all about how you could improve your student council, and it was a really cool experience because we got to meet a bunch of other student council members from other schools, and collaborate on different ideas on how to improve on our student council, and how to up the student body spirit,” said Williams.

Sophomore Caroline Kinna was another member that attended the conference.

“The experience was great. Everyone was so welcoming because you don’t have to worry about how a person is going to be nice to you or stuff like that at the conference, because we are all student council members; we are all stand up people. It was really nice just to feel welcome,” said Kinna.

This was the first time that student council attended this state conference.