College Fair Gives Students Insight to Future

By Madison Gillespie, Sports Editor

Madison Gillespie
Colleges are set up the college fair.

The College Fair was held on Thursday, March 23.

The fair was held in the cafeteria, and several colleges attended, such as Penn State, University of Pittsburgh, Millersville, York College and many more.

Students that attended the fair had a chance to go to each college’s booth to ask the representative any questions that they had.

Junior Jade Reall thought that the college fair was a good experience.

“It was beneficial and informational,” said Reall.

Colleges provided each person that visited with information about majors, tuition, extracurricular activities and examples of sports that the school offers.

A representative from Indiana State University poses with a guide book.

Junior Lucy Curran thought that it provided her with more insight on what college she will attend in the future.

“They gave me a lot of brochures to look at, and I learned a lot more about the colleges,” said Curran.

Reall also felt that she was able to explore more colleges at the fair that she would have never imagined visiting.

“I learned about colleges that I never knew before,” said Reall.

Madison Gillespie
All the majors and minors offered at Millersville were presented on this poster.

In addition to the colleges, there were also booths to help explain ways that students and parents can pay for college.

Junior students also had the chance to complete part of their graduation project as well by visiting four of the college booths.

After visiting four booths, students will then have to do a one-page paper on what they have learned from the fair.

Junior Angel Gilbert thinks that it was beneficial to her, and that future students from Susky from all grades should go to the college fair.

“Even if you don’t know what you want to do, go to it,” said Gilbert.

All students are recommended to attend the college fair in the future to help them plan for their future.