Jump Ahead to the New Year
January 10, 2017
Filed under Features
Hang on for a minute...we're trying to find some more stories you might like.
Email This Story
New trends and new attractions are just a few new things to come in the new year.
As the new year begins, we look forward to what new movies and sequels Hollywood will take to the big screen. Viewers will see more minions and the Barden Bellas perform for the third time, along with a classic fairy tale come to life as well as many other excellent films in these upcoming movies:
- Beauty and the Beast (March 17)
- Wonder Woman (June 2)
- Cars 3 (June 16)
- Despicable Me 3 (June 30)
- Star Wars: Episode VIII ( December 15)
- Jumanji (December 22)
- Pitch Perfect 3 (December 22)
Avatar Attraction to come to Disney Parks
For fans of Avatar, this year is their year as they can now experience the land of Pandora themselves. Disney has confirmed the park will be open this summer in Animal Kingdom. The attraction will include the real life alien land and a Na’vi river boat ride exactly like the movie. Not only do guests experience the newfound alien territory, Avatar themed restaurants and shops are also featured in the park. According to the Orlando Sentinel, Disney has offered fans a first look with a short video that gives a glimpse into the new attraction.
Must Try Gadgets in 2017
With technology only getting more and more advanced, it is time to start getting on board with the fact that technology will soon be replacing more everyday items. Companies are releasing even more technology gizmos to try. Here are a couple that are being showcased by popsugar.
- Smartwatches: Although smartwatches have been seen by Apple in the previous years, they are becoming more common in almost all of your favorite brands.
- Tattoos: These are no ordinary tattoos; these new and improved tattoos can actually monitor heart rate, blood pressure and more.
- Refrigerator: The FridgeCam is now being introduced into most homes. It is a device that monitors the items in your fridge and alerts you when an item is either low or going bad.
- Robots: Luckily robots haven’t taken over the human race yet, but for now, small robots are being featured in to a few homes doing at home tasks, like reporting the weather, vacuuming and playing music on command.
As we trudge through the winter snow, keep in mind that, spring will be upon us soon which means shopping for a new spring wardrobe. This spring new trends are being introduced to the fashion gurus out there. For example, floral is making a huge appearance. Take on the garden party feel every day with subtle floral patterns. Another spring trend is different shades of blue. For those not exactly ready to go from dark winter colors to bright pinks and yellows, different shades of blue are a perfect way to introduce new colors to your wardrobe for the bright sunny days.