Boys Soccer Kicks It into States

By Evelyn Weldon, Reporter

Boys Soccer beat Hershey on Nov. 2 at home to place third in districts and qualify for states.

This is the first time boys soccer is going to states in four years.

Ava Holloway
Senior Captain Nolan Holloway jumps in the air for a header.
Photograph by Ava Holloway

Head coach and Physical Education teacher Brett Maxwell is thankful for his team’s work ethic throughout the season. 

Maxwell said, “We were fortunate that we have good players coming up every year, so we know we are going to have a good team, but this year’s senior class is a special group that’s really worked hard over the last four years, and it’s exciting to see them have the success they deserve.”

With the younger team coming up, they will be more skilled for upcoming games.

Maggie Grim
Sophomore Fallou Cisse drives the ball downfield during a home game against West York on Sep. 19. Photograph by Maggie Grim

Senior captain Greyson Murray talks about how this season was different from the past.

“This year, we have probably the most quality on the field with good players in every position,” said Murray. “I also think that everyone on the team this season has very strong relationships with both the coaches and players which definitely contributes to our winning record.” 

This season will be something everyone will remember.  

Brad Keeney, the athletic director, sees how the chemistry of this team has brought them success.

Warriors celebrating after scoring another goal. Photograph by Maggie Grim

“I think they work well together. Obviously they are very well coached. But I think they are deep. I think they have a lot of kids that can come in and contribute in a very significant way. I think they have the perfect ingredients for a good team,”  said Keeney. 

The Warriors will play Strath Haven on Tuesday, Nov. 5 at Rosemont at 6 p.m.