Life after SHS: First Year Out

By Emily Polanowski, Co-Editor-in-Chief

Many seniors wonder what life will be like after after the caps have fallen and the robes have been packed away.

Many seniors wonder what life is like outside of Susquehannock.

Class of 2007 graduate Crystal Maxwell remembers her last day of high school.

“It was bittersweet, I was excited because it meant I was an adult and a leader now,

but it’s kinda sad because I enjoyed learning and having somewhere to go every day,” said Maxwell.

Maxwell describes her life now that she is a full-time adult.

“It is pretty nice because I’m making money and taking care of what matters most, my family,” said Maxwell.

Class of 2017 graduate Autumn Polanowski attends HACC community college.

Now that she is not in high school, Polanowski has new responsibilities as an adult.

“I really have to focus on taking my college classes, and my assignments. Getting good grades is more important now than ever,” said Polanowski. “ It has taught me responsibility, especially managing my time because I still have to work 40+ hours a week full time, and I go to school full time, so time is something that is truly important to focus on.”

Class of 2017 graduate Tyler Wagner gives the senior class some advice about the school year to follow.

“It is probably one of the hardest years of high school, but at the same time, it is the easiest. It is one of those instances where you just keep moving forward, you’re so close,” said Wagner.

Maxwell also gave some final advice to the underclassmen on their years to follow in high school.

“Treat everyone with kindness and respect. Take school seriously because you never know, one day your grades may count for what you wanna do eventually,” said Maxwell.