Summer Fashion 2016 Guide

Off+the+shoulder+tops+are+a+major+trend+this+summer.+
Off the shoulder tops are a major trend this summer.

By: http://sequinsandthings.com/2016/04/floral-off-the-shoulder-top-outfit-inspiration.html/

Emily Rivers, Reporter

Summer 2016 is quickly approaching, even though the weather is far colder than most people would really like. Although the weather is not living up to expectations yet, there is still time for it to heat up, so don’t give up hopes yet.

In fact, planning your outfits for the warmer days may help you cope with the endless rain and 50-degree temperatures we’ve been experiencing. Here’s your guide to summer fashion 2016:

Hairstyles

1. Pigtail braids have been everywhere this year and will continue to be all summer. The great thing about these braids is that you can do them in whatever type of braid you are most comfortable with. Dutch braids and french braids are two of the most common types of braids for pigtails.
  2. Messy buns are the way to go if you want to keep your hair off your neck all summer. You can even spice it up by adding accessories, pulling out bits of your hair to frame your face, or by braiding the bottom of your hair into the bun.

Here is an example of a dutch braid. To get a pigtail dutch braid, split your hair in a middle part and dutch braid both sides.

By Stilfehler (Own work) [GFDL (http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.html) or CC BY-SA 3.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0)], via Wikimedia Commons

Makeup

1. Nude lips are a major trend this summer. They create a perfect balance between a classic eye and a neutral lip. Start by covering your lips with concealer, and then apply nude lipstick and a sheer gloss over it to top the look off. Not sure where to get it? Try L’Oreal Paris’ Colour Riche Collection Exclusive Lipstick in Eva’s Nude ($5.97) from Walmart.
  2. Eyeshadows in berry shades are the perfect option for summer. Try blending together a cherry pink and a blackberry colored eyeshadow to create an easy romantic look. Try Too Faced Chocolate Bar Eye Palette ($49.00) from Sephora.

Fashion

1. Lace-up flats are a great upgrade to regular flats this summer. They look chic and stylish, all while being extremely comfortable. Try the Qupid Lace-Up Pointed Toe Flats ($24.99) from Charlotte Russe.
  2. Off the shoulder dresses and shirts are musts for your wardrobe this year. Forever 21 sells these for cheap prices; try their off-the-
    L'Oreal's Eva's Nude is a great option if you want to keep up with summer trends but not empty your wallet.

By: http://www.superdrug.com/Make-Up-Offers/L’Oreal-Paris-Privee-Color-Riche-Lipstick-Eva’s-Nude-5ml/p/719469
    L’Oreal’s Eva’s Nude is a great option if you want to keep up with summer trends but not empty your wallet.

shoulder crop top ($12.90) or their contemporary off-the-shoulder chiffon top ($22.99).

Getting yourself in the summer spirit will be much easier once you’ve gotten your outfits all planned. Try some of these trends, and you’ll instantly be ready for the warm weather that’s coming.

About the Writer
Emily Rivers, Assistant Editor-in-Chief

Senior Emily Rivers has been on the Courier staff for two years. As well as being involved in the school’s news website, she is a member of the yearbook production staff, National Honor Society, orchestra and choir. Outside of school, she is an active member of her church, Shrewsbury Assembly of God. She hopes to major in public relations in college and become an event planner.