Students Share their SAT Speculations

Students Share their SAT Speculations

By Kelcie Baker, Reporter

With college applications right around the corner for the juniors, the stress is high when it comes to SAT scores. Upperclassmen were asked how they felt about the results and their general opinion towards the test itself to get a feel for what it’s like in the life of the pre-college madness.

By lecroitg [CC0], via Wikimedia Commons
“The test was okay, but I regret taking the essay. I thought it would factor into the score, but it really doesn’t affect anything much at all.” said junior Emily Hellwig.

“I thought it was fine. The PSAT did a nice job of preparing us. Plus it’s always good to take it again.” said junior Rachel Stockslager.

“The test itself was okay. If anything, the essay showed me that I need to work on my writing skills,” said junior Andrew Senft.

“The test is so long and takes a really long time. I guess it was worth it in the end though,” said junior Mackenzie Marzullo.

“I like the ACT much more than the SAT. I think the SAT just tests your ability to learn instead of showing what you’ve already learned,” said senior Hailey Villa.

“I honestly thought the math section was surprisingly hard, and I felt a little unprepared, but now I know what to study for next time,” said junior Gabby Maiorano.

“I think the SAT is better than the ACT. There was more time to answer questions, so it was a little less stressful,” said junior Gabby Ogude.

“The test was fine, but I think they graded the essays a little too harshly. The essay isn’t even required, so I thought they would be a little more lenient.” said junior Luke Peters.

“I’ve taken it a few times now, and it gets better and easier to handle every time. It’s easier to manage after you’ve already taken it once,” said junior Sierra Breeding.

“I think the test isn’t that bad content wise; it is just very long and tiring. The length is the worst part,” said junior Kimberly Thomas.