Science Chief Officers Spread STEM Awareness

Susquehannock students serve as chief science officers in an international program spreading STEM awareness.  

The International Science Chiefs Program picks students from different grade levels to help provide different STEM activities for the community and promote the STEM career field over all. 

There are three total students involved from different grade levels at Susquehannock: junior Thomas Chilinguerian, freshman Logan Trimble and sophomore Mackenzie Hodge.

Freshman Science Chief Officer Logan Trimble hosted a STEM Panel on Nov. 30, focusing on different science careers and hopes to host a few more throughout the year. 

Sophomore Mackenzie Hodge will host three STEM days at the elementary schools sometime in January and February. 

Photograph by JC Lewis

Engineering teacher and STEM Coordinator JC Lewis believed Susquehannock students needed to be made aware of the program. 

“I thought it was a great opportunity for students who are interested in STEM and to take on a leadership role,” Lewis said.

Trimble hopes to bring and inspire more students to delve into the STEM career field.

“STEM means…problem solving and learning how the world works and making it better,”  Trimble said.