Susky Girls Lacrosse Honors Their Seniors

Stephanie Graffin, Reporter

• A digital flyer made by Stephanie Graffin helped spread the work about the game against Dover.

• All seven seniors on the girls lacrosse team stand posing for a picture. Each girl wore a peice of clothing representing their future college they will be attending. Photograph by Stephanie Graffin.

• Senior Abby Grim gets announced as a starter prior to the start of the Dover game. Before each home game, the starting lineup is announced and each girl gets to run through their teammates and high five their coaches. Grim will be attending Penn State in the fall to major in elementary education. Photograph by Stephanie Graffin

• Sophomore Ariana Prediger watches the ref waiting for the whistle to take the draw. Prediger or another close teammate will catch the ball and run it down to the field to set up a scoring play. Photograph by Stephanie

• Sophomore Rachel Oestrike circles the net waiting for her next pass. Senior Kenna Hancock cuts around the net to come in and help Oestrike set up the play. Photo By Stephanie Graffin

• Sophomore Ariana Prediger closely defends the Dover goalie attempting to clear the ball. Prediger holds her stick high to intercept any throw the goalie makes. Photograph by Stephanie Graffin

• Sophomore Rachel Oestrike runs the ball down the sideline to get close enough to take a shot. Oestrike was chosen for a second team attacker for the YAIAA girls lacrosse all-star team. Photograph by Stephanie Graffin

• Senior goalie Sam McGuire got to play attack the last half of her senior night game. Kenna Hancock smiles coming off the field for McGuire. Photograph by Stephanie Graffin

• Junior Kalen Hancock on a breakaway for the Lady Warriors. Just like her sister Kenna, she plays on attack. Kalen finished the game with three goals and an assist.  Photograph by Stephanie Graffin

• Freshman Addison Roeder carries the ball down the field looking to set up a scoring play. Roeder ended the game with two goals and two assists. Photograph by Stephanie Graffin

• Junior JV goalie Caitlyn Keener, with eyes on the ball, is ready for the opposing attacker to take a shot. Keener went into the game in the second half when the warriors were up by double-digit points. The Lady Warriors beat Dover 18-4. Photograph by Stephanie Graffin

• Senior Kenna Hancock breaks away from an opposing defender. Kenna finished the game with four goals. She was named to the YAIAA all-star team as a first team attacker for the 2019 season. Kenna will be attending University of Cincinnati to play NCAA Division 1 lacrosse. Photograph by Stephanie Graffin

On April 3o, the Susquehannock Girls Lacrosse Team took time before the game against Dover to honor their seniors and their future endeavors. There are seven graduating seniors on the team this year. All of the girls are planning to attend college in the fall. Some are planning to play sports at the collegiate level.