Loren Kroh ‘64 Named Distinguished Alumni for 2019

The Susquehannock High School Alumni Association Steering Committee named Loren Kroh as its “Distinguished Alumni” for 2019.  Kroh will address the graduating class at commencement services and will be honored with a plaque in the High School’s auditorium lobby.

Loren is the founder and managing member of Corvus, LLC in York, a startup that developed a system to help improve retention and success rates of post-secondary students. He credits much of his success to his Susquehannock teachers and experiences. “Staff and faculty encouraged students to broaden their experience base, get involved and understand the interrelated nature of disparate activities,” he said.

“This engendered a curiosity that served me well as I encountered new opportunities later in life.  It also helped me realize that I didn’t want to be too limited in the scope of my career choices or jobs,” Loren added. He remembered an advanced English seminar in particular. “The best course I ever had anywhere – including one taught by a Noble prize laureate – was an advanced English seminar at Susquehannock. The teacher, Mr. Mensch, encouraged us to understand the broad historical context of the material and apply the principles to the present.”

As a Warrior, Loren was a member of Student Council for four years and president of his senior class. He lettered in football, basketball, and track. Loren was also voted “Best All-around” in his graduating class.

After graduation, he attended Bucknell University where he majored in economics. Loren went on to receive his Master of Business Administration from the University of Chicago.

He has worked as President / CEO of the York County Economic Alliance (Interim) and the Bradley Academy for the Visual Arts. Loren was Chairman of Academy ArtWorks and Director of the York Technical Institute.

Loren was also a former member of the Harrisburg Area Community College Board of Trustees, York County Alliance for Learning Board of Directors, and Penn State York Entrepreneurship Program Advisory Committee.