Think Tank Travels to York

From left to right: junior Caroline Fox, senior Abigail Gallegos, senior Greyson Daviau, junior Emma Robert, and senior Amelia Eyster pose for a group picture in the YGS office.

By Alex Martuszewski, Reporter

Students from Think Tank recently traveled to YGS on Nov. 8 in York to strengthen their knowledge of real life concepts.

In attendance was senior Greyson Daviau, senior Amelia Eyster, senior Abigail Gallegos, junior Emma Robert and junior Caroline Fox.

Think Tank has been trying to tackle school environment and collaborative spaces in the real world.

The class will take information found from the trip and apply it to school.

Ultimately, this will benefit students because Think Tank will apply the new knowledge to student life

Aside from the help of assistant principal James Sterner, this study was all student led.

Sterner wanted the business to be a local company with experience that could relate to Susquehannock’s atmosphere.

While there, the students took part in team discussions with the Creative Director of YGS, Serena Spiezio, and VP of Associate Engagement & Talent Development, Yvonne Desalle. 

Students got one major takeaway from the trip – YGS members helped examine Susky’s organization and concluded that members of Think Tank should bring back new ideas to help better the school.

”We got a ton of info, and we realized we had to restructure [the] internal organization,” said Daviau.

It is up to the students to carry out their findings and create a better atmosphere at Susky.

Greyson lead the majority of discussions while at YGS and made sure to touch on key topics that brought the students there originally.

“We learned about the real world and how to help prepare kids and students, which truly opened our eyes,” said Daviau.