Choir Heads to Disney

Back to Article
Back to Article

Choir Heads to Disney

Walt Disney Worlds Epcot ball. This large structure is placed at the entrance and within it is a ride which informs the riders about the past, present, and future. 

Photo by Abby Paterniti

Walt Disney Worlds Epcot ball. This large structure is placed at the entrance and within it is a ride which informs the riders about the past, present, and future. Photo by Abby Paterniti

Abby Paterniti, Reporter

The SHS choir is traveling to Walt Disney World in Florida to perform in Epcot, one of Disney’s theme parks on Nov. 28.

Choir Director Jay Althouse chose to perform in Disney due to how professional an operation the experience is and the opportunities it creates for the choir students.

“They will have an opportunity to learn what rehearsing as a professional ensemble will be because all they get is a 45 minute run-through with music [and] a conductor, but the conductor they will have during the performance they will not see until they actually get on stage, so they have to learn different conducting styles different than me, and they need to learn that really quickly,” said Althouse. “It’s World Class; Disney knows how to run things.”

The choir has the opportunity to work with other choirs from around the world and famous actors who they have the opportunity to rehearse with.

One of the actors they will be working with is Robby Benson, voice of “The Beast from Beauty and the Beast” [animated movie] who will be reading the Christmas Story.

The Choir will perform a variety of twelve different songs, most of which are related to the Christmas/Holiday season.

Based on Althouse’s opinion, the Choir’s overall experience will allow it to create new memories and have a boost of confidence in how they perform.

About the Writer
Abby Paterniti, Reporter

Junior Abby Paterniti is learning about all forms of media this year; her favorites are articles about sports news. In school she is a Link Crew leader,...