Freshmen Resurrect Clash of Clans

Clash of Clans is the talk of the freshmen class. Via @ClashofClans on Twitter

By Lili Teal, Reporter

There’s another stirring in the Clash of Clans world.

Freshmen are slowly bringing the app back to life after recent updates and changes.

Clash of Clans is a smartphone game where players build a base, make alliances with other players and form clans.

Players gain power and wealth in the game by attacking other bases and going to war with other clans.

The app features all kinds of battles, even ones with dragons and barbarians. Image via @ClashofClans on Twitter

Each base has a town hall that can be leveled up to get better buildings, protection and troops for battle.

Freshmen John Verba and JT Andrews provide a look into this revival.

“It fell off [the charts], but most people started playing it again this year when it hit a spike with the number of people playing each month, and now they’re adding more upgrades to the game,” Verba said.

Recent updates to the game include making a new town hall upgrade available and a mysterious feature called Clan War Leagues that went into development two weeks ago.

“There are different leagues you can be in, like if you attack and win enough you can get into higher and higher leagues and face higher opponents,” said Andrews.

Eight leagues ban together to go against other groups of leagues in the new feature. Image via @ClashofClans on Twitter

The new feature puts several leagues together to fight another group of leagues, resulting in a massive war that lasts eight days.

Clash of Clans has taken a huge leap with the freshmen class.

Andrews and Verba report that there are three clans going around the school, each having 15 to 25 members.

It originally came out in 2011 and became the number one app on the Apple app store in less than a week.  

Since then it went through a few years where it wasn’t popular, but now there’s a new attraction because of the updates.

“I think it’s making a comeback, but it depends what they do in the future,” Andrews said. “If they make another huge update… then more people will get into it.”

Verba and Andrews agree that the game will have a full-fledged comeback if creators maintain regular improvements and continue developing new features.

The revival of Clash of Clans has begun.