Susquehannock Thanks its Staff through “Teacher Appreciation Week”

By Christopher Norris, Reporter

Students and staff of Susky took part in a “Teacher Appreciation Week” last week as the school year comes to a close.

Student Council planned a different gift every day to express their appreciation for the teachers.

Coffee and donuts were served on Monday, Swedish fish were given Tuesday, cookies were made for Wednesday, jelly beans were given out Thursday, and a pancake breakfast was served Friday to close out the week.

Senior student council member Ashley Grimes believes the week is much deserved.

“Our teachers go through so much, and they are under so much pressure to ensure we have the knowledge we need to make it after we graduate,” said Grimes. “Taking one week to show we appreciate that is important.”

One important aspect of teacher appreciation week is recognizing the staff members that are retiring.

Some staff members, such as science teacher Ed Bailey, have spent a large portion of their life giving back to Susquehannock students.

Students, like senior Jake Mahan, weren’t afraid to show him some support.

“Mr. Bailey always found a fun way to teach us about topics like anatomy and biology,” said Mahan. “I wish him good luck in his future endeavors.”

Mahan does not want students to forget the impact teachers like Bailey have had.

“Teachers like Mr. Bailey have dedicated their lives to teaching high school students,” said Mahan. “I cannot thank all my teachers enough for what they do.”

As the school year winds down, underclassman get ready for summer, and seniors prepare for their adult lives, it is important that teachers are recognized for helping students reach their full potential.