Students Attend Prom

By Brittany Boone, Reporter

Students attended the 2017-2018 prom held at Wyndham Gardens in West York  Saturday, May 5.

The event started around 7 pm, and students arrived in cars, prom buses and limos.

Before dancing started, students were invited to find their table and were served an appetizer of bread and a caesar salad.

For the entree options, students could choose between turkey, chicken, or ravioli.
After the meal, students began dancing; the DJ played a mix of songs- past and present to enthuse the prom-goers, and the dance floor was packed.

The DJ then cleared the dance floor and announced the winners for prom court.

Juniors Bre Kaiser and Michael Boampong were crowned Prom Princess and Prince, while seniors Kate Burgess and Michael Torbert took the titles of Prom Queen and King.

Once the court was announced, the couples danced to Ed Sheeran’s song “Perfect.”
Both seniors and juniors had the opportunity to record the night with a photo booth, and some interviews, and photos taken by the York Daily Record.

Before the end of the event, students were also served an apple pie dessert to top off the night.

Prom at Wyndham Gardens was finished with the last song ending around 10:00 p.m. that night.

Prom may have ended, but the night did not, as many students were on their way to post prom.

The events for post-prom began around 11 p.m., and the festivities ended at 3:00 a.m. in the morning.

Located in the school lobbies were free Chipotle, games, an all-you-can-drink coffee bar and snacks.

In the gym, students could participate in a multitude of activities such as basketball, a game of life-sized Jenga, hula hooping, a balloon artist, obstacle courses and more with an extra incentive of redeemable tickets..

Students had the opportunity to place their earned tickets in raffles for the chance to win money, college-based prizes,  family-oriented prizes, and all sorts of prizes such as Bonkey bucks, kayaks, bedroom sets, car wash equipment, parking passes, Hershey Park tickets, and more.
Members of Southern York County School District’s community came together to host and create a stress-free atmosphere for students before the business of AP and Keystone exams and the rest of May’s events.