ITS Holds Induction Ceremony

By Leah Miller, Reporter

Susquehannocks’ International Thespian Society (ITS) held its induction ceremony on Thursday, May 3.

Current and future members of ITS gathered to induct new members for the 2018-2019 school year.

The event consisted of many musical performances from theatre students as well as the celebration of the newest members.

Former ITS president, senior Kaleb Fair talks about the night.

“This year for the first time, we had a student showcase in which students rehearsed and performed their own acts,” said Fair. “Students did songs from Musical Next To Normal, Spongebob Squarepants The Broadway Musical, Waitress The Musical, Amelie The Musical, lot of beautiful beautiful shows.”

In order to be inducted, a theater student must contribute 100 hours of dedication to the theatre department.

Sophomore Jordan Pflieger was inducted as the new president during the ceremony.

The president’s role involves beginning meetings, keeping track of planned events, putting ideas into action and inducting new members at the end of every year.

Pflieger is looking forward to making a positive impact on the theater department.

“I am excited to work with my fellow, officers and general members of our ITS Troupe, to form new ideas that will benefit the program,”  said Pflieger.

Pflieger has many new ideas that she hopes to bring to the organization in the upcoming year.

“What I am most excited about is an idea to create a theatre booster club, (this would help us) to raise funds so that we may attend clinics and workshops,” said Pflieger.

Pflieger loves theatre and the people involved with the program, and she is excited to take on the role as president.

Fair gives his advice to the newest members of the Troupe.

“Stay dedicated to theater because something that a lot of people can do is become inactive members by not participating in all the shows,” said Fair. “So make sure that you remain an active member because being involved in theater is so rewarding and such a beautiful sort of cathartic activity to do.”