Baseball Season Ends With a Hit

Gabby Lynch, Reporter

Baseball season ended last Wednesday with a final record of 6-14.

Tim Hare, the head baseball coach, explains his view on how the season went.

“We finished up our season this past Wednesday with a loss against Northeastern. We finished with a final record of 6-14,” said Hare. “We had a lot of high expectations just because a lot of the guys had already been playing Varsity for two to three years.”

Hare thought the season should have gone farther. 

“It just didn’t work out, and it was relatively disappointing this year just because we couldn’t get the job done. When we needed that crucial hit or needed that crucial out in a high pressure situation, we just didn’t seem to get the job done at the time,” said Hare. “The schedule was definitely a challenge because of the weather earlier in the reason. Basically, our first two and a half weeks of what would of been when we played games got washed out well [snowed out] so we didn’t get much practice. We didn’t get a whole lot of time of the field to practice, and that pushed our games back.”

Hare looks at the positives.

“I had a really fun time coaching the guys, and I hope that we can improve upon our faults next year,” says Hare.

About the Writer
Gabby Lynch, Reporter

Gabby Lynch is a freshman member of the Courier. She is involved with Choir and has a very strong interest in Broadway musicals like “Hamilton,” “Dear Evan Hansen,” “Pippin,” etc. Outside of school, she enjoys eating, sleeping, procrastinating, and listening to loud screamo music. Gabby is excited to start her first year with the Courier.

“Don’t just read the Courier, BE the Courier.”