Susky Pride Drives Talent Show

By Maggie Sisler and Ethan Schammel

Susky hosted its first ever talent show on Friday, February 23.

Organized by student council, the show contained ten acts performing their special talents in front of the whole school.

Senior Kaleb Fair, a member of student council and a host from the show, thought the show went well.

“As a member of the ‘hype crew,’ Emma, Maggie, and I were able to use our talents of just being excited and personable in an organized way,“ said Fair.

Fair was in charge of animating the audience prior to the show starting as well as in between acts.

“We had a goal of making sure everyone else was excited as we were, and I think we were effective in that,” said Kaleb.

Out of the ten acts, eight of them were music acts.

Senior Hunter Davis was told no more music acts were allowed in the show when he went to sign up.

Davis along with junior Matthew Sharkey decided to perform a comedy routine.

Deciding to be in the show was not easy according to Davis.

“Like most people, I’m terrified of performing in front of other people because you really open yourself up to be judged,” said Davis.

The winner of the show was the rock band Drones, consisting of guitarists Collin Addotta and Travis Matthews, lead singer and bassist Malikhi Thomas, and drummer Julian Stewart.

The band made up of all juniors covered the song Welcome to Paradise by Greenday.

The performance included a spectacular guitar solo by Matthews.

Kellin McCullough, advisor of student council, was pleased with the results of the show.

“It was so great to see students excited to cheer on their peers,” said McCullough.“A lot of teachers reached out with such great emails saying how much they enjoyed it, so I think it was really well received.”