Language Knows No Limits

Christian singer-songwriter Brandon Heath is the voice behind the first album to be done in  American Sign Language. 
By David Holzemer [CC BY 2.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0)], via Wikimedia Commons

Christian singer-songwriter Brandon Heath is the voice behind the first album to be done in American Sign Language. By David Holzemer [CC BY 2.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0)], via Wikimedia Commons

David Holzemer

David Holzemer

Brittany Boone, Reporter

Just imagine you are walking down the busiest New York City street.

Cabs are honking their horns loudly and impatiently, people are tirelessly yelling into their cellphones and the shuffling sound of corporate high-heels and business shoes hits against the sidewalk.

The sounds of plastic bags floating and cars screeching are also there, except, you cannot hear a single sound.

The reality of it is that you are deaf, but the beauty of it is that you are not an outsider.

In today’s world, there are tens of millions of people considered to be hearing impaired, and although one sense may be considered impaired, life as a whole is not.

For Christian singer-songwriter Brandon Heath he understands the beauty within communication.

Heath announced on his “Faith. Hope. Love. Repeat.” tour that his album is the first in history to have all of the songs translated in Ameslan or American Sign Language.

His 2017 “Faith. Hope. Love. Repeat.” album was released with the intention of communicating the messages and lyrics to everyone.

It really takes the concept of, “He who has ears, let him hear” (Matthew 11:15) to a very relatable and personable level.

Featured on his YouTube channel are the stories of the people and friends who have collaborated with him to sign for the videos.

Each video has one person who signs the song in front of a scenic background.

The lyrics and signing of the videos make the songs both visually and audibly appealing.

For any listener, Heath’s songs “Whole Heart” and “Someone Like Me” can relate to personal ideas that nearly everyone faces.

In today’s world, there are so many barriers that can have the potential to separate us as humans, but by simply finding ways around the walls, Heath creates something beautiful.

All of the videos can be found on his YouTube channel, and all merchandise can be bought on his website www.BrandonHeath.net.