Beauty: A Tribute To Students

Freshman Sarah Watson expressing her inner and outer beauty.

By Gabby Lynch, Reporter

I asked students around Susquehannock a question that no one really asks nor mentions.

“Why are you beautiful?”

An average student’s standard of beauty is having the perfect body, having the thickest lips in your group of friends, or having the most flashy abs in the school.

Many students around Susky, and even just in general, do not understand that beauty is not just your physical features.

Beauty is also seen through happiness, love, or joy.

Beauty is always misunderstood by society at large, and that artificial beauty- the beauty that society is accustomed to- is not what someone should strive to have.

The true definition of beauty is unique to each individual.

Andy Warren, an adviser for Aevidum and a history teacher, explains how students are all individuals.

“I’ve seen so many students that I’ve taught and known over the years is that they’ve really been consumed with the idea of being perfect,” said Warren. “And one thing I’ve noticed about what makes people individuals is that we all have strengths, and we all have weaknesses. We have certain things we strive for, but we also have a lot of things that make us imperfect, and I think that’s one of the things that’s fascinating about people.”

Senior Kaleb Fair believes everyone is beautiful in their own way.

“I’m beautiful because I’m a human being. I think we all are beautiful. Intrinsically as a human being, you’re going to be beautiful. I’m going to be beautiful because I am a human being. I am enough, you are enough. I am loved, you are loved. I am blessed, you are blessed, etcetera, etcetera,” says Fair.

We are all unique, and  it is amazing how we all have a chance to show our self-worth. Each living being has a chance to show to their community that each one hasindividual talent.

Everybody is welcome in our school, and all students need to realize their own value and beauty within this community.