Fall Sports Conclude With Best Season Yet

By Madison Gillespie, Sports Editor

Susquehannock has just had one of the best fall sports seasons in school history.

Senior Dylan Burke positions himself prior to a corner kick in the Gettysburg game.
Photo by: Leah Miller

The boys soccer team has obtained several different titles this year, including division champions.

Coach and health teacher Brett Maxwell thinks that this has been the best season yet.

“It was a great season. We ended up having the best regular season record in school history. So 35 years of soccer here, and we had the best record,” said Maxwell.

Girls soccer and also field hockey have obtained division titles for this season.

The Susquehannock football team has also received the division title for the first time in over a decade.

Football coach and government teacher Steve Wiles thinks that the football season went over incredibly well this year.

“I thought it went very well. We probably exceeded most everyone’s expectations. I think the newspaper had us finishing last in the division. So I knew that we were better than that of course,” said Wiles.

Other students such as senior Kendal Abrams, senior Molly Hogan, and junior Julianne Cassady have reached individual sports achievements this fall as well. 

Elizabeth Beall
Offense players sprint from the 50 yard line.

Athletic director Brad Keeney thinks that the students have done an incredible job this fall sports season, as said in an interview done earlier this year.

“We’ve had four teams win the YAIAA Division II. We’ve had field hockey, boys soccer, girls soccer, and golf,” said Keeney.  

Coaches have agreed that this year’s student section has been the best it has ever been this year which has been the goal of the athletic department from the beginning of the year.

“One thing I’ve noticed is that whether it’s Spirit Community, whether it’s Warrior Counsel, it doesn’t matter I’ve been kinda working with them to get these people out [to the games],” said Keeney.

Wiles also thinks that the fall sports season went over very well this year.

“It was awesome I mean, I think it’s the most division championships they’ve ever won in a season,” said Wiles.

To see the full interview with Mr. Keeney click here.

Jade Reall
The team practices for counties. Photo by: Jade Reall