Susquehannock Gets Festive For Fun Night

Senior+Lacey+Walker+and+junior+Lily+Stockbridge+dress+up+for+Halloween.+%5BPhoto+by+Maggie+Sisler%5D+

Senior Lacey Walker and junior Lily Stockbridge dress up for Halloween. [Photo by Maggie Sisler]

By Justin Rosenberger, Reporter

The October Fun Night occurred on Wednesday evening at Susquehannock. 

Children were able to come to the high school to get candy and see all the decorations that many clubs set up from 6-8 p.m. 

Student council advisor Kellin McCullough sees the benefits of this safe, event for the community.

“October Fun Night is to provide a safe, family friendly environment for the young children of the Southern York County School District to come in and have a great fall evening,” said McCullough.

Student council organized the October Fun Night and assigned each club the room they would be using.

“Student council orchestrates everything,” said McCullough. “We get all the student organizations together and coordinate where they will be located.”

Sophomore  Caroline Kinna was the chairperson of Student Council’s October Fun Night Committee.

“Before the Fun Night, we contact all the clubs in the school, and we see who’s willing to come and host a room and hand out candy,” said Kinna. “Once those clubs request a room, we organize them, and we tell them the times.”

It would seem that since the fun night was right after homecoming, it would be a bit of a challenge for Kinna and her committee to set everything up and contact all the clubs, but thanks to their planning skills, the night went smoothly

“It wasn’t too much of a challenge compared to Homecoming since it’s such a massive event, but since I was the committee head for October Fun Night, I was doing behind the scenes, and everybody was stressed about Homecoming, and I had this on my plate, too,” said Kinna. 

Senior Michael Torbert is the president of student council and believes October Fun Night is  one of the most exciting events for the community.

“I think every year the October Fun Night is a success just because kids come out, and they always have a fun time, and always get candy,” said Torbert. “I think it’s hard to not have a successful October Fun Night, but I think this year was a success because I think everyone left happy and had fun.”

Torbert also credits Kinna with the evening being so successful.

“The big thing was in meetings we would talk about Homecoming and then we wouldn’t really focus on October Fun Night,” said Torbert. “A lot of it was on Caroline Kinna. She was in charge of October Fun Night. That was her year long committee, so she kind of had to do it all herself. She didn’t really have all of council’s attention, so I give props to her and without her I don’t think we would have a successful October Fun Night.”