What You Need To Know About Right Now

By Katelin Tyler, News Editor

Catch up with this week’s latest news that will leave you on the edge of your seat.

Marine Le Pen, current candidate and former president of the National Front. Photo by Marie-Lan Nguyen

The Election Hits Hard In France

It seems as deja vu has hit when it comes to politics around the world. Everyone remembers one of the biggest and most controversial election, that took place no more than a couple months ago between Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton. France is now in stuck in a similar situation, having to pick between Emmanuel Macron and Marine Le Pen. With both countries struggling to find candidates to best represent their country, French presidential candidate Marine Le Pen seems to be almost the exact same person as Donald Trump when it comes to their views and policies. This is seen as an issue to many of the French citizens. Marine Le Pen has become what seems Trump’s number one fan embracing some of his controversial ideas. Le Pen’s slogan Remettre La France en ordre (Return France to order) even has a similar message to Trump’s Make America Great Again. With the voting starting on May 7, the two candidates will battle it out one last time.

What Are You Really Eating?

It’s time to drop your fork and put down the hash browns because there may be an unlikely visitor invading your

It has been released that golf balls have been found in two brands of frozen hash browns. Photo courtesy of Shutterstock

food, golf balls. Yes, golf balls are the surprise in frozen hash browns that no one wants. According to Fortune, Roundy’s Brand of frozen southern style hash browns and Harris Teeter bag of frozen southern style hash browns have been recalled due to findings of golf balls in the product. The real question here is how did golf balls end up in hash browns? Well, CNBC tells all finding that the golf balls were harvested alongside the potatoes and chopped up alongside the potatoes.  It has been reported that there were no injuries reported from the potential choking hazard, but it is advised to throw away any frozen hash browns from any date past January 19.

Beyoncé’s New Release of Scholarships Drops Soon

Beyoncé not only shares her wealth through her hit music but is now sharing her wealth to give four young women the scholarship of a lifetime. The Formation Scholars Program is looking to give the scholarship to women who are not afraid to be bold, creative and speak their mind outside of the box, according to CNN. There are only four schools participating in the award,  Berklee College of Music, Howard University, Parsons School of Design and Spelman College. Each college will have one winner for the 2017-18 academic year who is either an Incoming, current or graduate students who are studying creative arts, music, literature or African American studies. Spelman College told CNN, that “…the one-time award is worth $25,000 on its website, which would cover a little more than one semester’s worth of tuition, fees and room and board.” The schools participating are excited that she is giving these students the opportunity and the chance to work with what Berklee College of Music President Roger Brown “strong and inspiring role model.”

Former Bachelor Star Convicted After Deadly Crash

If you were always Chris Soules number one fan hoping he would find love or end up with JoJo, it may be time to

Mugshot of former ‘Bachelor’ star Chris Soules who was arrested earlier this week. Photo courtesy of @WFFA

move on and find someone else to route for. Bachelor and Bachelorette star Chris Soules was arrested earlier this week for a connection with a deadly car crash. The star was charged with fleeing the scene of a car crash that left one dead, according to CNN. Secretly, we all knew something like this was coming, throughout all the episodes, Chris always created some sort of dramatic scene that interfered with the show. His stints on the show led him to a downward spiral that eventually led to his breakup with former fiance Whitney Bischoff and now a possible life sentence in jail.