‘ACT Up’ to Help Students with Studying

Photo courtesy: ITunes

Photo courtesy: ITunes

By Ariel Barbera, Assistant Editor-in-Chief

ACTs and their deadlines are coming up soon, and students are trying to find different ways to prepare.

Some students can not get access to ACT books, but there’s a constructive app that can help many students study for their tests. This week’s app of the week is ACT Up.

ACT Up is an app designed to help students mentally prepare for their upcoming ACTs. The app offers over 1,000 ACT practice questions for all four sections of the test: English, Reading, Math and Scientific Reasoning. Solutions to each of the problems are also provided in the app so students can always check their answers.

Students can check their progress report using progress cards. Screenshot courtesy: Google Play Store

The app offers a variety of different activities that students can practice with. These activities include personalized workouts, progress cards and vocabulary games. Students can even make their own personalized practice tests.

Personalized workouts let the app know where your strengths and weaknesses lie on the test. ACT Up will send you daily workouts that will help improve your strength in certain areas. Throughout the practices, the app will study how well you do in certain areas and will send you personalized workouts that will specifically help you improve in that area.

Students have a variety of different vocabulary words to study with. Screenshot courtesy: Google Play Store

Progress cards are tools that the app uses to display the progress you’ve made. Your progress is displayed in organized charts and graphs that allows you to visually see how much progress you’ve made over the time you have practiced with the app. This tool can also help determine how ready you are for the ACT.

Vocabulary games will help improve your vocabulary, so you can understand many reading and English problems on the test. ACT Up provides over 1,000 vocabulary words to study with.

Students can design their own custom test on the app. If students feel like they are struggling in a certain section of the ACT, they could design their own test to personally help in areas they need to improve.

ACT Up is not only useful for the ACT, but it can also be used to study and review for other upcoming tests as well.

ACT Up is free to download on GooglePlay and iTunes.