Save Money, Live Better

Check out guidance for more scholarships ideas and for any questions. Photo by Emily Christian.

By Emily Christian, Arts & Entertainment Editor

The thought of debt stresses many undergraduate students out, so why not apply for scholarships? Although looking for scholarships can be just as stressful as applying to colleges, it can benefit most students as it will save them money. It is important to know where to start your search, so continue reading to hear about different money earning methods.

This is the login page for Dollars for Scholars. Screen shot by Emily Christian.

Dollars For Scholars

Dollars for Scholars is a school wide scholarships program where just about all applicants are guaranteed some money. By going to this link: http://sycsdf.dollarsforscholars.org, students will complete an online application filled with high school information, financial information and two essays. The deadline for this application is February 12, 2017. Also, by applying to this scholarship, students may be matched with other scholarship programs, enabling them with the opportunity to be eligible to receive more scholarships.

Fastweb Scholarships

Fastweb offers many different scholarships for everyone. Screen shot by Emily Christian.

Fastweb is the gateway to gaining access to loads of scholarships. After creating an account with your personal information as well as school information, Fastweb will match each person with many scholarships they are eligible for. These scholarships can range from fun applications, such as designing a greeting card, and serious applications, such as essays. There will also be scholarships available pertaining to one’s major of choice, personal interests and location. There are many scholarships waiting to be handed out, so be sure to check out www.fastweb.com.

College Scholarships

After a student is enrolled into their college of choice, they will be able to check out their college’s scholarship options. A student’s GPA, final grades and SAT scores will all be taken into consideration. Many colleges do offer a wide variety of scholarships, so do not get discouraged if you are not eligible for all of them.

Google

Rather than the usual online shopping, Google can be used to find scholarships. A simple search of “Scholarships” can lead to many links with scholarship applications ready to be used. Different websites have different accounts, keeping your scholarship records organized. Do be sure to make sure the websites are trustworthy, as is possible some may be scams.