Why Are You Excited For Break?

A Thanksgiving feast is what most students look forward too during break. Photo by Emily Christian.

By Emily Christian, Arts & Entertainment Editor

The days pass slower and slower, or so it feels, as break is right around the corner. Many students are ready for the holiday season festivities. Several students were asked the following question:

“Why are you excited for break, and what major plans do you already have or intend to fulfill?”

Here are their responses:

“My Thanksgiving plans are super boring compared to my Christmas plans because for Christmas I’m going to England and Paris and I’m only staying here for Thanksgiving, but I am still so ready for break to come,” said junior

Juniors and best friends, Erin Kaliszak and Miranda Shaffer, have plans to hang out with each other during the break. Photo by Erin Kaliszak.
Juniors and best friends Erin Kaliszak and Miranda Shaffer have plans to hang out with each other during the break. Photo by Erin Kaliszak.

Miranda Shaffer. “I’m planning on spending time with my brother since he is away at college and I hardly see him. He is going to be deployed in the next year or two for the army, so it might be our last Thanksgiving together. I also love watching football and eating the great food.”

“I am super excited for Christmas and Thanksgiving break because of the delicious food I will get to eat,” said junior Erin Kaliszak. “I’m also excited for the Christmas carols that I will eventually get to sing and Iḿ excited for the fact that I get to swim all over the break!”

“I am excited to take a break from school for a few days,” said senior Zach Beam. “I love Thanksgiving dinner and all of the foods I am able to eat. I am also excited for the start of rifle season.”

“I love to spend time with family during my holiday break,” said junior Lauren Hallameyer. “I enjoy cooking food and eating all of the traditional Thanksgiving foods. It is also nice to get a break from work and school work. I am worry-free during break.”

“My classes have been giving me a large workload lately, so I am excited for break. I need it,” said sophomore Lily Teal. “Break is a time for me to spend doing things that I want to do. I can eat Thanksgiving foods; I especially like the pies. Spending time with family is nice also, and I get to relax.”

“I am beyond excited for break,” said senior Gabby Maiorano. “My friends and I are throwing a Friendsgiving on the first day of break, which is great because I’ll basically be having Thanksgiving foods twice in one week. Following Thanksgiving, I have plans to go on a cruise down in Mexico. I have many exciting plans already set for break, and I

Seniors Gabby Maiorano and Emily Christian take a photo together for last year's Thanksgiving. Photo by Gabby Maiorano.
Seniors Gabby Maiorano and Emily Christian take a photo together for last year’s Thanksgiving. Photo by Gabby Maiorano.

can’t wait for the time to come.”

“I am so ready to spend time with my family and friends over my break,” said senior Danielle Moore. “My plans are to spend time with my loved ones over this great holiday season. I am also hosting a Friendsgiving this year, so all of my friends are making a few Thanksgiving dishes, and we are all coming together to eat. It is going to be such a great time. I am so excited for break.”

“I am excited for Thanksgiving break because it is not only a much needed break from the craziness of school, but it’s a time that I get to spend with my family and catch up on things missed during the busyness of my life,” said junior Sydney Smith. “Other than my plans to catch up on the Tv series, Friends, I have plans to visit my cousins that live in Connecticut, and I am pumped about that. They live so far away, and the holidays are normally the only chance I get to see them.”

“I’m excited for Thanksgiving break because I get to see my friends and family,” said sophomore Allie Grothey. “We get to come together as one big group and have amazing foods and tell amazing stories with each other. My plans are to go up to my Aunt’s house in Hershey and then my Grandmother’s house in State College. After we see my dad’s side of the family, we have our own Thanksgiving at our house with my mom’s side. It is a lot of work, but in the end it’s all worth it!”

“I am not excited for break at all,” said senior Mackenzie Gibson. “I work every day of it except two days. However, I

Senior Mackenzie Gibson loves to make baked goods during the holiday season. Photo by Mackenzie Gibson.

am having a Friendsgiving with my friends, so I am looking forward towards that. But, this break is not going to be relaxing or that enjoyable for me this year.”