In Memory of Mrs. Beverly Gladfelter

By Mia Kobylski, Editor-in-Chief

Beverly Gladfelter, a first grade teacher at Shrewsbury Elementary, sadly passed away on October 1 after losing her battle with cancer.

Gladfelter had been in the Southern York County School District for 33 years, teaching in all three elementary school buildings.

Within her many years as a teacher, she has touched the lives of countless students, parents and other faculty members and was considered a dear friend.

Senior Isabel Barbera recalls how Gladfelter helped her find her way in a new school.

“I moved to Shrewsbury Elementary when I was really young, only first grade. It was near the end of the year… She helped me out when I was lonely because I didn’t have any friends at the time…,” said Barbera.

Sophomore Michael Boampong really enjoyed Gladfelter’s class and was very sad to hear that she had passed away.

“Mrs. Gladfelter was my first grade teacher, and she was the best. She was always nice, and I would always talk to her…” said Boampong.

Susan Munsey, a Shrewsbury Elementary office member, recalls her favorite memories of Gladfelter.

“My favorite memories are the funny stories she always told at lunch time about her family or cute things that happened in her classroom.” said Muncy. “She looked at all of her co-workers as family.”

A viewing service, funeral and Celebration of Life were held on October 8 with friends and family.