Boys Volleyball Says Goodbye to the Seniors

By Abby Deter, Reporter

Photo By: Abby Deter Senior manager Kelly Franz poses with Freshman manager Ally Grothey.
Photo By: Abby Deter
Senior manager Kelly Franz poses with freshman manager Ally Grothey.

Senior y

Photo By: Abby Deter Senior manager Kelly Franz with Brody Cain, Brandon Cain, Brandon Milano, and Ty Hunker.
Photo By: Abby Deter
Senior manager Kelly Franz with Brody Cain, Brandon Cain, Brandon Milano, and Ty Hunker.
Photo by: Abby Deter Boys Volleyball seniors pose during the senior night party.
Photo by: Abby Deter
Boys Volleyball seniors pose during the senior night party.

ear holds many exciting events for students, but for student athletes, almost nothing beats senior night. This statement is especially true for Susquehannocks boys volleyball team. The seniors this year are Kurt Eckenrode, Quinlan Kauffman, Eli Holloway, Kaleb Lippy, Steve Rouse, Jake Rohrbaugh and Nick Voltaggio. Th boys volleyball senior night was Thursday, May 12, and they played against Red Lion. Unfortunately, Susquehannock lost to Red Lion in three games, but they played their hardest and put up a good fight. Despite the loss, the seniors still have many positive memories of the night. Rohrbaugh greatly enjoyed the more sentimental parts of the night such as the party afterward.

“My favorite part was hearing the favorite memories of my teammates because it was very nostalgic and made me think back to my favorite memories from the season,” said Rohrbaugh.

Voltaggio took a different approach on the night, looking more at the game than the activities.

“It was great that our final game was competitive and against a very good team because, even though we lost, we know that we played our hardest, and that’s all that really matters,” said Voltaggio.

The boys played  well and it was one of their most competitive games of the season with the final scores all being in the teens or twenties. However, Rouse had a different focus when thinking about that night.

“My favorite part was the cookie cake. That is what motivated me throughout that game,” said Rouse.

All of the players clearly have their own favorites from senior night, but it is unanimously not a night they are ever going to forget.