This Week In News…

By Katelin Tyler, News Editor

This is this week’s breaking news that will have you on the edge of your seat.

Winter Storm Jonas is Definitely Not “Burning Up”

Remember when it was 60 degrees out in December, and we all thought we could get through the winter without any snow? Well in a matter of a day, that has changed. Between Friday and Saturday night, the storm gave us up to almost 3 feet of snow. The storm is recorded to be one of the biggest storms the Northeast has seen in awhile. So, this winter it does not look like we are escaping the dreaded job of shoveling any time soon.

Dynamic Duo: Hillary Clinton and Demi Lovato

In the recent week, Hillary Clinton turned to Plan B to win over the people of Iowa. Clinton brought in popular singer Demi Lovato. Lovato sang her hit song “Confident” which attracted many youths and encouraged them to vote for Clinton. Demi proceeded to talk highly of Clinton and stated that, “ I don’t think there’s a woman more confident than Hillary Clinton.” Clinton’s plan of mixing politics and celebrities might have just worked to win over the young voters of Iowa.

North Korea Has Arrested One of Our Own

A recent graduate from the University of Virginia decided to visit the country of North Korea on a tourist visa, but before leaving the airportt, the student was arrested. The student, Otto Warmbier, was arrested because he was believed to be a threat to the Democratic People’s Republic of North Korea. Warmbier is not the first American to be arrested on the grounds of North Korea. Some journalists have been held in captivity, due to them being charged with illegal entry. They were luckily freed from captivity some days later and hopefully so will Otto Wambier. Currently, America and South Korea are trying to stop North Korea before they get any farther.

Putin’s Scandal

Vladimir Putin’s secret was recently found out, and it is believed that Putin gave the orders to end the life of a Russian spy. The spy died from radioactive poison in 2006, and from UK studies, they believe there were two spies who did the dirty work for Putin. The spy killed Alexander Litvinenko, left Russia and began to work at Britain’s security which might have been the trigger for Putin to send the  orders to take out this ex-spy. The family blames Putin for this tragedy and the aftermath that occurred.