Aevidum Is Looking For a Treasurer

By Emily Christian, Arts & Entertainment Editor

Aevidum is still looking for a treasurer.

As the treasurer, someone will have control over the club’s money, collecting it and deciding how to spend it. That person will also collect all money used for and left over from club projects.

Aevidum, which stands for the phrase, “I’ve got your back” is a club in schools and communities whose goal is to promote positive atmospheres for all students and to make sure everyone feels accepted and appreciated delivered directly by students.

Freshman Jessica Fox recently applied for the position of treasurer.

“I like math, and I am very good at it. I feel like the position is necessary because someone needs to handle the money, and I feel like I would be a good person to contribute to this position and to this club,” said Fox.

Junior Rachel Stockslager is a member in this club and feels as though it offers more than other clubs similar to it.

“It is similar to Unity Club, but it’s more about advocating the whole school and making sure everyone in the school feels acknowledged and cared for,” said Stockslager.

Junior Emily Hellwig, who is also part of the Aevidum club, goes deeper into the meaning behind it.

“This club is about kindness and advocating for other people. We go to meetings and discuss how we’re going to incorporate Aevidum into other clubs and we make posters to advertise events that are Aevidum based,” said Hellwig.

Aevidum is always welcoming new members. To get more information on this club, talk to guidance counselor Kate Miklos.