Keuler Crowned Homecoming Queen

Keuler Crowned Homecoming Queen

By Ally Kerr, Reporter

Following in her mother’s footsteps, senior Megan Keuler was crowned 2015 homecoming queen on Friday, October 23, 2015 before the homecoming football game.

Screenshot 2015-11-02 at 9.30.59 AM
Megan Keuler with her parents Diane and Steve Keuler after Megan was crowned queen before the homecoming football game. Photo by Lifetouch.

Keuler believes that her being crowned queen was “unexpected.” She was surprised yet happy that her peers voted for her, just like her mother was when she was a high school senior.

“It’s funny because no one would think that we [Keuler and her mother] would win, but at the same time it gave me a lot of excitement going into the dance on Saturday,” said Keuler.

At Susquehannock, Keuler has been an active member in swimming, Best Buds, Big Buddy, and National Honor Society. She is very passionate about swimming and has exceptional talent in the sport since she has made it to post-season every year since freshman year. In her free time, Keuler enjoys hanging out with her friends, swimming at the YMCA, and watching television.

Senior Jordan Helsel and Keuler became friends in 8th grade and have only gotten closer since.

Screenshot 2015-11-02 at 9.34.08 AM
Megan Keuler escorted by Robert Jackson at the homecoming dance. Photo by Lifetouch.

“[She won because] she’s a really enthusiastic, loud, fun, and outgoing person, and I think a lot of people notice that. Also, Robert Jackson [Keuler’s escort] and Matthew [Keuler’s brother] really advertised that people should vote for her,” said Helsel.

From spending an exceptional amount of time together, Helsel has learned a lot about Keuler and knows more than what most people do.

“Megan is great at SIMS [an online family game]. She can make a family in about twenty minutes, it’s crazy. She also makes cupcakes just for the fun of it, and they are good cupcakes too,” Helsel said.

Keuler used to dance from elementary school through middle school, where she made a lot of friends. She believes that she got votes from those friends and also her brother’s friends.

“Since I’ve danced for so long, I’ve made a lot of friends who might have voted for me. But I really think that most of my votes came from my brother’s friends. He probably got his entire freshmen class to vote for me, knowing him,” said Keuler.

Keuler’s plans after high school are to hopefully attend the University of Pittsburgh to major in nursing.