Homeroom Doors Show Off Their Halloween Spirit

By Ariel Barbera, Assistant Editor-in-Chief

Susquehannock is full of Halloween spirit this year with creative door decorations to spook the students and staff.

Three lucky homeroom doors have won prizes this year. 

The categories and prizes were: 104 for Best in Show (GRAND PRIZE = free breakfast for the next development day), 119 for Most Homeroom Spirit (Prize = Sweet Surprise), and 030 for Most Holiday Spirit (Prize = Sweet Surprise). 

In room 119, English teacher Heath Hallman enjoys looking at his decorated door each day and is proud of how well his students designed it. The homeroom won the award for most homeroom spirit.

English Teacher Heath Hallman is very proud of the accomplishment his homeroom achieved with the decorating the door. Photo by: Ariel Barbera
English Teacher Heath Hallman is very proud of the accomplishment his homeroom achieved with decorating the door. Photo by: Ariel Barbera

“I am very proud of the kids who came up with the idea,” said Hallman. “I really think the students get excited during this time of the year.”

Hallman’s door is designed to look like Boo’s door from the Disney-Pixar movie, Monsters Inc., with one of the main protagonists, Mike Wazowski, peaking through the window. The door even holds a detailed scream tank, which sophomore Gabby Brady designed.

“Making the scream tank was very exciting,” said Brady. “I’m very happy we won one of the categories. I also enjoyed room 030’s door.”

In room 030, instructions teacher Robin Trevaskis is very proud of the two students in her homeroom who designed and decorated her door this year.

Room 030's door won the prize category for being most holiday spirited, and has had many students and staff question about the bloody footprints outside. Photo by: Ariel Barbera
Room 030’s door won the prize category for being most holiday spirited and has had students and staff question about the bloody footprints outside. Photo by: Ariel Barbera

“I really enjoyed working with the students and their ideas,” said Trevaskis. “The bloody footsteps really creep a lot of people out.”

Trevaskis’s door consists of a body bag hanging on the outside of the door, with realistically creepy footsteps leading outside.  The room won the most holiday spirited category.

In room 104, English Teacher Sara Cieslewicz and her homeroom won the category Best in Show.  Cieslewicz is very proud of what her homeroom accomplished and enjoys looking at the designs hanging all around the door.  The room won the Best in Show category.

English teacher Sara Cieslewicz admires the work her homeroom put it together for Halloween. Photo by: Ariel Barbera
English teacher Sara Cieslewicz admires the work her homeroom put together for Halloween. Photo by: Ariel Barbera

Halloween is on Saturday, October 31 this year, with a half-day for students on Friday, October 30.