Aevidum Seeks New Officers and Committees

By Ariel Barbera, Assistant Editor-in-Chief

Recruiting officers to help maintain the club’s activities, the new Aevidum club has kickstarted this 2015-2016 school year with two meetings.  

New Officers and Committees will help the new club with planning activities and sorting out meetings. Photo Courtesy: http://mtecho.aasdcat.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/aevidum.jpg
New Officers and Committees will help the new club with planning activities and sorting out meetings.
Photo Courtesy: http://mtecho.aasdcat.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/aevidum.jpg

So far, Aevidum meetings have been scheduled for 7:15 a.m on Wednesday mornings. The new club is currently looking for new officers to help manage it and for current members to sign up for a position within specific committees.

Aevidum officer positions include President, Vice President, Secretary, and Treasurer.  Current members of the club were able to fill out a form before the deadline on October 13.

Guidance Counselor Kate Miklos is very excited for the new officers to come in and help with managing the newly-formed club.

“We’ve got a lot of really good things planned this year,” said Miklos. “The officers will definitely be a big help for Aevidum.”

Junior Logan Garvey is a member of this year’s Aevidum, currently the only member running for President.

“I really enjoy Aevidum because I want to make students feel welcomed,” said Garvey. “There’s a lot of bullying in school and online, and I would like to try stopping all of that.”

Freshman Rachel Wachter plans on getting the Secretary position for Aevidum this year and is ready to attend the next meeting.

“Last year, the Aevidum would make posters and hand prints to hang around the school in order to spread the message of Aevidum,” said Wachter. “I’m very excited this year because there is a bigger school, and more people can get involved.”

Freshman Rachel Wachter is excited to get into upcoming activities for Aevidum. Photo By: Ariel Barbera
Freshman Rachel Wachter is excited for others to get involved in upcoming activities for Aevidum. Photo By: Ariel Barbera

Aevidum Committees are currently in progress.  The committees include Community Service, Public Relations/Marketing, Fundraising/Special Events, and Video Production/Public Service Announcements for the Warrior TV.  Current members have received the email and are welcome to sign up for a position in one or more of the Aevidum Committees.

The first two meetings for the club went really well, according to Miklos, and they have some very good things planned for the future.  Last year, there was a range of 20-30 students in the club.  This year, the Aevidum has a total of 54 students right now to help others in need and to bring awareness to other bullied students.

“Our future plan so far is to help set up an awareness during National Homeless Week,” said Miklos. “We also plan to set up donation funds to help those in need.”

The more students involved in Aevidum, the more support others can get.  If you are interested in joining Aevidum, talk with Miklos in the guidance office for information on how to join.