French Club Has Officially Begun

By Emily Christian, Arts & Entertainment Editor

This year’s French Club is now in the hands of three very cultured juniors: Mackenzie Marzullo, Gabby Maiorano and Casey Kummer. During the first meeting on Thursday, October 8, students could be found engaged in building their own Eiffel Towers in groups and voting for the most engaged members to serve the positions of president, vice-President, and secretary.

President Marzullo hopes to expand the love of the French language to students.

“I am planning activities, games, and restaurant trips to not only touch on the language, but the culture as well,” said Marzullo.

Vice President Maiorano has a passion for French and is so excited to work with the members of French Club.

“I want to work with others to expand their interests in French and their love for the culture. It is so interesting, and I want people to enjoy it as much as I do,” said Maiorano.

Secretary Kummer attends each meeting in hopes of bettering the club.

“I will take notes during each meeting and keep track of everything that is going on. I will do my best to help expand their knowledge of French,” said Kummer.

One of the most memorable and looked forward to activities is going on restaurant trips. These trips really allow students to get a feel for the culture and experience it first hand. In previous years, these trips included going to authentic French restaurants and crêperies.

Marzullo and Maiorano will work together to help find restaurants that really express French, and the members of the club are very excited, including Kummer.

“I hope to go on more restaurant trips; it will be fun and beneficial,” said Kummer.

French Club this year is expected to be better than ever, and all three girls can agree on that.

“I think French Club will go well this year. There are a lot more people than last year, so there is room for more possible ideas and activities,” said Maiorano.

“There’s a ton of people involved this year than last year, so everything will be better and more fun,” said Kummer.

“I expect French Club to go well because we have good people in good positions and enthusiastic people to contribute,” said Marzullo.