Jumping into the New School Year

By Katelin Tyler, News Editor

While many focus on the last day of school, students still have homecoming, prom, October fun night and even Christmas and Thanksgiving break to look forward to. 

Screenshot 2015-09-22 at 3.32.22 PM
Homecoming advertisements promote when it will take place Photo by Katelin Tyler

Homecoming 2015

Homecoming is almost here and is going to take place on October 24. Travel and world culture will be the theme as we fly around the world at the annual dance which runs between 7:00- 10:00 p.m. in the main gym.

College Applications

Tis the season for college applications for the seniors. It is time for them to get ready to think about college and what they want to do after graduation.

Screenshot 2015-09-22 at 3.42.35 PM
College flyers are posted outside the guidance office for any student looking into college. Photo by Katelin Tyler

Senior Tess Clancy already knows what she will be doing after high school.

“I am very excited to graduate. I already applied to a school in Australia and have been accepted,” said Clancy.

National Honor Society

Inductions into National Honor Society  will occur this November instead of the spring. Juniors will receive full NHS rights just like the seniors.

Screenshot 2015-09-22 at 3.31.18 PM
Posters are posted around the school for extra information on the SAT.Photo by Katelin Tyler

SATs and PSATs  

SATs can be taken as early as October 3. The tests are running from October to June. Juniors and seniors can sign up for them right now. PSATs can also be taken; the set date is October 14.  

For any senior looking for extra college planning  or PSAT and SAT help can visit the college board  website here.

October Fun Night

Grab your festive Halloween costumes because October Fun Night is October 28 from 6:00-8:00 p.m. at Susquehannock High School. The students of the school will create fun activities for children to enjoy with decorative rooms and candy.

Christmas and Thanksgiving break

Thanksgiving and Christmas are slowly approaching us as we near October. Break for Thanksgiving will be November 24 through the 30, and Christmas break will  start the 24 and end the 1st of January.

Junior Mackenzie Marzullo can not wait for break to start.

“I am excited to be off of school, so I can hang out with friends and see family and go on vacation,” said Marzullo.

AP Tests

Any student who took an AP class this school year should try to start preparing for the AP tests that will happen in early May. 

Prom

Even though prom is still months away, we have it to look forward to. For the juniors it will be the first time they can attend which will be very exciting and new.

Junior Chase Summers is looking forward to the event.

“I am excited for prom since I have never been, and it will be fun to be with all my friends,” said Summers.

Graduation

Graduation is the last stop of the year for the 2016’s seniors. Graduation will be at the end of May, as well as finals and the last day of school.