Girls Get Ready to Slay Homecoming

By Emily Christian, Arts & Entertainment Editor

Girls are shopping until they drop to find their perfect  homecoming dress. Each year, there is always a color trend found with the dresses worn; this year the trend is more neutral with darker colors. Stores are selling two-piece dresses, which is considered to be a more elegant look.

Senior Abby Ferraro bought her dress that lies within the color trend from Synchronicity Boutique.

“My dress is nude with a coral design. I am very excited to wear it,” said Ferraro.

Junior Alli Reed is planning on wearing a black two-piece dress for homecoming and is very excited for the dance and the homecoming theme this year of “Fly Around the World With Me.”

“I like the theme,” said Reed. “I like how the dresses can express cultures by the colors worn.”

Buying dresses and getting hair, makeup, and nails done is something girls look forward to each year.

Junior Camryn McGowan is most excited about seeing how everyone looks.

“I can’t wait to see everyone’s dresses!” said McGowan. “Everyone is going to look so good.”

The top stores for buying dresses this year are Renaissance Bridals, Nordstroms, DEB, and Macy’s. These stores have lots of dresses that are around $200 or less. Some stores offer coupons for shoes after purchasing a dress or via mailed flyers.

Sophomore Erin Kaliszak is thrilled for the dance.

“It’s going to be a game-filled, food-filled, dancing-filled, and fun-filled night,” said Kaliszak.

This year’s homecoming will take place from 7-10 p.m. in the gymnasium on October 24. Let the festivities begin!