Kick Cancer Week Is Approaching

Posters made by student council members are hung to advertise the spirit week. Photo by: Stephanie Bortner

By Abigail Bentz, Editor-in-Chief

The annual Kick Cancer week is scheduled for Monday, April 20 through Friday, April 24.

Student council has planned a spirit week consisting of six themed days. The pep rally is scheduled for the Friday before the actual week, Friday, April 17. That Friday has its own theme with each class wearing a color that represents a type of cancer. The spirit days are as follows:

Friday, April 17 – Kick Cancer Day (pep rally)

Freshmen – orange, Lymphoma

Sophomores – lime green, Leukemia

Juniors – black, Melanoma

Seniors – pink, Breast Cancer

Each grade will wear a color to represent a type of cancer for the pep rally on April 17. Photo by: Stephanie Bortner

Monday, April 20 – Bum It Day (sweatpants/sweatshirts)

Tuesday, April 21 – Beach Day

Wednesday, April 22 – ‘Merica Day

Thursday, April 23 – 60’s Hippie Day

Friday, April 24 – Yin and Yang Day (black and white)

Kick Cancer week not only promotes school spirit, but more importantly, raises money for the American Cancer Society. Student council will have activities planned during the three lunch periods during the week and has contacted numerous local businesses to donate to the cause. With signs posted around the school, student council is hoping for more participation than ever.

The money raised throughout Kick Cancer Week will be donated to the American Cancer Society. Photo courtesy of: Wikipedia