Susky Students Run for Office

By Abby Deter, Reporter

It is presidential election time in the United States, but what a lot of people don’t know is that there is another election going on, right in Susquehannock High School.

The time has come for the annual Student Council Representative election, and the candidates have been working hard to make sure they have gotten their message across.

The candidates this year are: sophomore Nate Hunsinger, sophomore Thomas Hoopes, sophomore Angelica Hunt, sophomore Miranda Shaffer, sophomore Julia Mckenzie, sophomore Maddie Stone, sophomore Ashley Grimes, sophomore Sidney Smith, sophomore Kaleb Fair, sophomore Justin Rosenberger, sophomore Juliana Wagner junior Nate Campbell, junior Madison Kieffer, junior Philip Karpouzie and junior Adam Hedgeland.

Hedgeland has been a member of Student Council since freshman year and greatly enjoys the work he gets to do on behalf of the student body.

“I am running because I like to plan bigger and more fun events for the school every year,” said Hedgeland.

Similarly, Karpouzie wishes to be part of Student Council in his senior year as he gets to help the school and make changes that he believes will benefit the students.

“I think that I can give a good representation of my class, and I think that I have a pretty good work ethic that whenever I am allowed to do something or I would be requested to do something for Student Council as I’ve done through the past few years, I would be there to actually do it well,” said Karpouzie.

Unlike Hedgeland and Karpouzie, Mckenzie is running for her first time for a place in Student Council.

“ I really want to be a part of Student Council… be able to help everybody, and be able to plan events. I really want to help be a part of all the school events and participate in them, help lead them and make them. I would also really like to do a Sadie’s dance where the girls ask the guys because I think it would be a really great opportunity for girls to come out of their comfort zones,” said Mckenzie.

The voting for Student Council Representatives begins on Tuesday, May 10, and everyone is encouraged to participate. To choose our school’s government for next year, go to your class’s Google Classroom  course and choose to vote.

McKenzie is running for student council representative.
Photo By: Mary Jackson
Philip Karpouzie is running for student council representative.
Photo By: Abby Deter
Adam Hedgeland is running for student council representative
Photo By: Abby Deter
Adam Hedgeland is running for student council representative.