Fall tv: Three new shows to watch

This month, new TV shows are starting to air on networks, including ABC and Fox, giving viewers a variety of choices.

Super Fun Night- Wednesdays, 9:30 p.m., ABC

Loveable loser Kimmie, played by Rebel Wilson, is a law executive looking for a boyfriend in New York City. She and her roommates try to fit awkwardly into the dating scene in the bulk of the story. The show is worth watching just for Wilson’s acting, made famous in Pitch Perfect and Bridesmaids. With a backing cast of the very funny Liza Lapira of Crazy, Stupid, Love and Lauren Ash of Scare Tactics, Super Fun Night is worth a look.

Rebel Wilson, star of Super Fun Night. Photo by: Eva Rinaldi
Rebel Wilson, star of Super Fun Night.
Photo by: Eva Rinaldi

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.- Tuesdays, 8:00 p.m., ABC

Agent Phil Coulson, resurrected after an appearance in The Avengers, is back in action investigating supernatural events across the globe. Coulson, played by Clark Gregg, assembles a team to assist him, including agents Melinda May, Grant Ward, and Leo Fitz. Happening after the battle of New York in The Avengers, this team works to suppress the growing threat of new supervillains and evil forces.Writer and creator Joss Whedon, of Cabin in the Woods and Buffy the Vampire Slayer, has added his touch to the show, creating an interesting world and storyline. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is a show that is about to take television in a new direction.

Actor Clark Gregg of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Brooklyn Nine-Nine- Tuesdays, 8:30 p.m., Fox

Detective Jake Peralta, played by Andy Samberg of Saturday Night Live, is an officer of the 99th Precinct in New York City who has never had to follow the rules or work hard a day in his life. This changes when a new police chief comes to work, forcing Peralta to try harder to keep his job. The show explores dark comedy and realistic crimes but also follows regular sitcom rules. Samberg is part of what makes the show work, but supporting roles by actors Terry Crews, Joe Lo Truglio, and Chelsea Peretti add lots of humor to the show. Brooklyn Nine-Nine is funny and smart, and is a great new show to watch.

Andy Samberg of Brooklyn Nine-Nine.