The class of 2022 valedictorian is Jillian Bolio, alongside salutatorian Megan Stiffler. Commencement will take place on May 26, 2022 beginning at 7 P.M. held at the Robert Lau Stadium at Susquehannock High School.

Class of 2022 Valedictorian and Salutatorian Reflect on Final Year

May 11, 2022

The class of 2022 will graduate on May 26 at Susquehannock High School in the Robert Lau Stadium.

The class of 2022 valedictorian is Jillian Bolio, alongside salutatorian Megan Stiffler. Commencement will take place on May 26, 2022 beginning at 7 P.M. held at the Robert Lau Stadium at Susquehannock High School. Images by LifeTouch Photography

Valedictorian Jillian Bolio 

Bolio will  graduate high school with a 4.9  GPA and will attend Penn State University to major in Mechanical engineering. 

As she is unaware of what she wants to do in the future, she will start off with the Mechanical engineering program and see where it takes her. 

She has been successful throughout her years in high school because of her class load and how she works hard inside and outside of the classroom. 

“I’ve pretty much stuck with high-level classes and taken honors and APs when they were available,” Bolio said. ¨I never really advanced further or tried to jump ahead, but I definitely made an effort to take challenging classes when they were offered. I stay motivated and on top of things. When you’re learning something that’s difficult to understand, it definitely helps to be reviewing at home and [to keep] up with the classwork.”

Through this dedication and hard work inside and outside of the classroom, Bolio has been able to remain highly successful and to keep her at the top of her class. 

Managing your time throughout school and extracurricular activities is important in order to get the full experience, according to Bolio. 

“My advice would be to manage your time well,” Bolio said. ¨It’s important to make sure you don’t fall behind in class, so you need to make time for homework and studying. This goes the other way around, too; you should have a balance between school and life, and you shouldn’t let school keep you from other things that are equally important.I [wish I] would have gotten involved more. I was always worried that I wouldn’t have enough time for school and activities, so I ended up not joining a lot of clubs or sports. In retrospect, I wish I had looked into more activities to find something I really enjoyed.”

Despite not being involved in other school activities, Bolio made use of her time in order to focus on her school life, as well as her outside life. 

Not only was Bolio successful, so was Megan Stiffler, the class of 2022 salutatorian. 

Salutatorian Megan Stiffler

Stiffler will attend the University of Lynchburg where she plans on double majoring in Marketing and English with a Digital Media Marketing minor, while playing on their field hockey team.

Throughout her time at Susky, she has been involved with various activities, in order to prepare her for where she is today. 

“I have been involved in varsity field hockey [for four years], lacrosse managing, student council, president for three years and representative for one, class council, MiniTHON, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, tutoring, National Honors Society, the yearbook production staff as the assistant editor-in-chief,  the Superintendent’s Advisory Board, and concert choir,”  Stiffler said.

Student Council President Megan Stiffler and Vice President Tyler Elliot lead a Student Council meeting. Photograph by Vicky Chen

She has taken the advantage of what Susky has had to offer in order to get the best experience out of her high school career. 

“I’ve had a really fulfilling high school experience because of all of the classes, clubs, and extracurriculars I’ve been involved in,” Stiffler said. “They have allowed me to meet some of my closest friends and establish/gain some of the best role models.”

While being involved in extracurriculars, she also focused on school in order to be so successful. 

I have never considered myself an incredibly gifted student; it takes a lot of effort for me to succeed and do well in my classes,” Stiffler said. “I believe that the hard work I have put in both inside and outside of school hours is what has made me successful.”

Both Stiffler and Bolio have found ways to be involved in activities during school, as well as outside of school, which has helped make them the students they are today. 

To see these students speak alongside their 2022 classmates, the graduation ceremony will be held on May 26, 2022 beginning at 7 p.m. at the Robert Lau Stadium.