Homecoming Season Wraps-up at Susquehannock

October 15, 2021

Homecoming looked a little different this year  in order to follow guidelines regarding COVID-19. 

The student council proposed the idea of having homecoming outside, in order to allow students to attend the dance mask-free. 

The homecoming dance took place on Oct. 2 and was a success for both the student council and the student body. 

Even though changes were made to the homecoming dance, making changes resulted in a great outcome due to being able to hold the event.

Susquehannock students gather around on the football field during the homecoming dance on Oct. 2. Photograph by Vicky Chen

Student council vice-president and senior Tyler Elliott believes the dance was a success for everyone. 

“[Because of the turnout and reactions of students] we felt that the students really enjoyed having the dance outside, even though it was something new,” said Elliott. 

Most of the students participated in the event in order to bring normalcy back to their student lives. 

Senior Amanda Kroner enjoyed her last homecoming, as she missed out on last year’s dance. 

“At homecoming this year, I had a lot of fun,” said Kroner. “It was definitely different because it was outside, but it was not as awkward as I expected it to be. People were dancing, laughing and having a good time. It was good to have a normal dance again because of what we missed last year.”