Information From Health Suite August 2019

July 25, 2019

• All students are now required by the state to be current on ALL immunizations including Tdap, MCV (meningococcal) and a 4th polio vaccine (if necessary – consult your pediatrician).  Students may not be eligible to start school if the immunizations have not been received by the school nurse by the first day of school.
  • Parents/Guardians of incoming 7th graders – Don’t forget to send in your dental examination forms!  An examination within the last year is acceptable.
  • For parents of daughters, please encourage them to keep a change of clothes in their locker throughout the school year.  This will hopefully prevent frantic, mid-day phone calls home and excessive time spent out of class.
  • Just a reminder that a doctor’s order is required for any medication to be administered during the school day (except those listed on the green emergency card), including over-the-counter medicines.  All medications require a “Medication Permission Form” be completed by a doctor if it needs to be administered during the school day  (including Dramamine for field trips). This form is available on the district website or by contacting the nurse at [email protected].

Carolyn Kirby, MSN, RN, NCSN

Certified School Nurse

Southern Middle School

717/235-4811 ext. 3515

Fax: 717/227-9681

Follow Health Suite on Twitter @SmsSuite