Southern York County School Board Commends Student Athletes

December 12, 2017

The Southern York County School District School Board of Directors recently presented a Resolution of Commendation to three outstanding student athletes during its December 2017 School Board Meeting.

Susquehannock student athletes Kendel Abrams, Taylor Tannura, and Jason Weger were commended for their dedication, leadership, and success as student athletes. The Board expressed its recognition, gratitude, and admiration for how each student represented Susquehannock High School.

Abrams played and lettered in varsity golf during her four years at Susquehannock. She had the lowest female scoring average in Division II of the York Adams Interscholastic Athletic Association (YAIAA) and was named a GameTime PA First Team All-Star. Abrams was the Pennsylvania Interscholastic Athletic Association (PIAA) District III Girls Golf Champion and the PIAA East Regional AAA Girls Golf Champion. She placed 6th at the PIAA AAA State Championships.

Tannura played and lettered in girls varsity soccer for four years. She was named a YAIAA Division II First Team All-Star and the YAIAA Division II Girls Soccer Player of the Year 2017. Tannura was a GameTime PA First Team All-Star and achieved “All-State” in girls soccer.

Weger played and lettered in boys varsity soccer for three years. He was named YAIAA Division II First Team All-Star and the YAIAA Division II Boys Soccer Player of the Year 2017. Weger was also named “All-State” in boys soccer.