Susky Station Reopens to a New Year

Staff and students are now able to buy coffee, tea, snacks and more at the Susky Station. Photo by: Ariel Barbera

By Ariel Barbera, Assistant Editor-in-Chief

Students come into school tired and hungry every morning, and by the end of the day, they can’t wait to go home for their after school snack. Instead of waiting to satisfy these cravings, students can now get a fresh cup of coffee and a tasty snack from the Susky Station.

Introduced in the spring of last year, the Susky Station is a student-run kiosk that sits in the gym lobby of the school, waiting to serve students their morning and afternoon needs. Managed by special education teacher Tom Laure and his life skills students, the station serves students and staff coffee, tea, snacks and other goodies.

The station is open from 7:30-10:30 am, reopening at 12:45-2:15 pm. Students and staff usually find time to visit the station during study halls, planning periods and time in between classes.

If students are stuck in class and are in need of a coffee or a snack from the station, they can email [email protected] and receive their order in about 10-15 minutes. If no one is at the station while it’s open, students can visit or call room 208 to get an order, as well.