Molin up for head principal position

By Tyler Ritz

Vice principal Kevin Molin will be in the running for the position of Head Principal for the upcoming 2014-2015 school year.

The decision will be made at the May 22 school board meeting. He quickly made his way up the ranks, only being here for a year as assistant principal.

Molin was more than willing to come to Susquehannock as an assistant principal.

“I visited twice before actually taking the job, and just walking in the halls was an awesome experience,” said Molin. “The atmosphere of the students and staff is amazing; there is a student-staff connection that’s hard to find in most schools.”

Molin’s experience is more than enough to take the position of head principal. He spent seven years at Dallastown as assistant principal prior to coming to Susquehannock.

Freshman Dakota Sandy is excited with the upcoming change.

“He makes me feel comfortable to be in the school, and he interacts with the students and staff very well,” said Sandy.

If he receives the promotion, Molin plans on improving curriculum opportunities.

“I’d like to increase the amount of career internships, increase the science and math departments, as well as the engineering department,” said Molin.

Students are also hoping for updates in technology as well. Freshman Josia Tourville views this as an  imperative goal.

“The computers never seemed to work when they were needed the most,” said Tourville. “If the school wants to go to computers instead of paper and pencil,  they should have technology that works without error.”

Above all else Molin wants to keep education fun and enjoyable for the kids.